Paraben and sulphate are toxic materials that can cause various health problems once they seep through your skin. You may not realize that the body wash you currently use may contain these two elements. But why are experts asking people to use paraben and sulphate-free body wash when they are available from so many different brands? Here are a few reasons that you should know about:
- They contain chemicals – Sodium Laureth sulphate and sodium lauryl sulphate are cleansing agents and surfactants with foaming properties. They will strip your skin of the natural oils and moisture that can keep it healthy and nourished. As a result, you may see your skin aging far more quickly than expected. Switching to a body washing containing natural or organic ingredients can restore the moisture and natural oils in your skin.
- They cause skin irritation – As already mentioned, sulphate and paraben can significantly reduce your skin’s moisture and natural oils and can lead to skin redness, inflammation, and dryness. Moreover, those who have sensitive skin shouldn’t use paraben and sulphate body wash as they can lead to allergies. They are a strict no-no to those who have acne-prone skin.
- They contain preservatives – Body wash with paraben and sulphate contains a high percentage of preservatives that prevent the growth of bacteria, thus increasing the products’ shelf life. The preservatives may not be suitable for your skin and cause irritation. On the other hand, a hand and body wash with natural ingredients doesn’t contain harmful preservatives that would deteriorate the smoothness and softness of your skin.
- They may cause hormonal imbalances – Multiple studies prove that paraben and sulphate body wash contains chemicals that mess around with the user’s hormone levels. According to a recent study, these body washes reduce the length of women’s menstrual cycle and increase the percentage of parabens in women’s urine. Another study shows that body washes containing a high percentage of parabens are more likely to increase the amount of estrogen in women. High estrogen leads to the development of cancerous breast cells that grow and divide fast.
- They create premature skin wrinkling – Thousands of beauty experts and dermatologists agree that the preservatives, cheap chemicals, paraben, and sulphate in most body washes cause premature skin wrinkling. Most hand and body wash brands use methylparaben, a subpart of paraben that degrades your skin’s collagen. Collagen is responsible for keeping your skin soft and supple. These chemicals and elements also cause cell depletion that makes your skin loose. If you don’t want to look old at a young age, you should switch to paraben and sulphate-free body wash right away.
Paraben and sulphate-free body wash don’t contain harmful chemicals or preservatives that can deteriorate your skin. They are also sustainable for the environment and can maintain your skin’s condition without showing any signs of aging or abrupt inflammation. Many brands don’t use paraben and sulphate at all. Instead, they use their substitutes, such as phenoxyethanol and ethylhexylglycerin. These are plant-derived and natural ingredients that can keep your skin soft and smooth for years. You can look into Indigo bath & body wholesale for the most affordable selection of all-natural soap, lotions and hand and boy wash that are guaranteed Paraben and Sulphate FREE.